Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo- Day 1

OMG its November 1st and NaNoWriMo has officially started... which means I am already behind!  I had such good intentions, I really did.  I was going to start writing at midnight in order to kick-off NaNo on a productive note and, well, Halloween got in the way.

I have two young kids.  Terror #1 is 3 years old and Terror #2 is 7 months.  So Terror #1 was completely bonkers most of the night on a sugar high (as well as an excitement high) from a Halloween party at school and trick-or-treating with one of her little friends.  By the time we got her down to sleep, I was literally about 30 minutes away from falling asleep myself.  Which means by the time the clock struck midnight and the excitement of NaNo began, I was asleep.  Sigh.

However, today is still November 1st, and still technically the first day of NaNoWriMo, so I will be getting my word count in for the day.  (On a side note, writing a novel with word count deadlines, way less sexy than the idea of writing a book!)  Of course, I need to fit this in during the kiddos naps and/or after bedtime, but I am determined, I will be getting in my 1,667 words for the day.  Which means I better stop writing on this Blog and start writing my, wait for it, NOVEL!

Happy writing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment