Saturday, December 22, 2012

Social Distraction...

So it is looking more and more like I am taking the month off from writing and I am starting to feel really guilty about this!  I really want to get back to my book, I am determined to finish it, but I have hit the point where I am coming up with other ideas... ideas I may like better... ideas that seem more interesting than what I am working on (or should be working on) right now.

Or maybe the real problem is I am stuck in the middle of my story right now, and the idea of getting through it is completely overwhelming.

Anyway, because I am a master at procrastination, I have instead focused on starting to really use twitter and goodreads (because that is productive... well at least it's fun).  These sites are awesome for readers and writers.  I have to say, I am shocked at how interactive readers and writers are with each other, and how ready everyone is to give advice.  It's really kind of amazing.  Everyone is very supportive and constantly promoting each others books.  I can't even count how many books I've heard about because someone was tweeting about it, or reviewed it on goodreads.

My kindle is now full and my gift cards are now empty.  I can't wait to start reading... but maybe I should start writing first.

No comments:

Post a Comment